Saturday, May 2, 2009

Trash in Taipei

Trash on the streets is almost nonexistent and people sweep up even leaves littered across the roads very frequently. I think the one thing I have not yet been able to adjust myself to is finding places to throw trash away. I wonder if this is a tactic to make people think about much waste they produce or to save money on providing free trash services. The most rational explanation is that people would throw their private trash bags and things in public trashcans if there were too many. I wonder if people walk or bike around all day with trash stashed in their bag, bike basket, and pockets...

This link is about Taipei and their waste policies: http://english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?recordid=158

I could not find any indication of a city map of just the trash bins, I have been told one exists, because there are so few trash bins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?