Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Singapore!!!

Okay, I know everyone hears a lot about Singapore and its rapid development (it surely is rapid), but I am not sure if everyone hears about how peaceful and pretty it is here. I couldn't figure out the differences with Taipei besides the visual for a while (diversity and clean-freshly-painted buildings), until I realized that the noise is different. People aren't yelling at you, and cars don't run you over. And of course no hoards of scooters! We are only briefly here before our flight tomorrow and managed to see a great deal of this small country-city-state (or whatever it is that you want to call it). I cannot even describe the difference in diversity in Singapore or even Kuala Lumpur compared to Taipei. On the other hand, I feel like the culture is much more international and that Taipei is a much better place to learn Chinese. Enough with the comparisons, because I am not even sure that one could make an accurate comparison (even taking economic, historical and social variables into consideration). I have many updates to add, such as those from the rest of my trip in Korea, pictures from the bike trip, the Shitou school trip and most recently Malaysia & Singapore. Expect these updates in the next week. I have some pretty great stories (jungles included :)).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?