Friday, May 22, 2009

In Malaysia

I am currently in the very hot and humid Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I had arrived last night very late from Singapore after a very unusual 5 hour bus ride. The city is definitely much more diverse than Taipei, but on the other hand, I am not used to the high degree of Islamic influence, especially with regards to modesty in dress. What may be appropriate else where is not necessarily frowned upon here, but it is not condoned. I imagine that Kuala Lumpur will be better than the other areas we intend on heading to. We will be going to the Batu Caves tomorrow, and then Cameroon Island. After these, one of the oldest and unspoiled jungles in the world. I will provide better updates with my conenctivity is a bit better than it currently is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?