Monday, May 4, 2009

Biking Down the East Coast

This upcoming weekend a group of us are planning to bike quite a few kilometers starting in Hualian and working our way south. A couple of us are renting bicycles from the Giant store in Hualian. They do not really publicize the fact that they rent bikes for pretty cheap. We found out from another blog about biking in Taiwan (http://formosaguy.blogspot.com/2008/05/leave-your-bike-at-home.html). I am really excited, but this means I have a lot to accomplish before I leave this Friday. I will keep my head down this week either glued to my computer, notes or textbooks. Renting is about $35 USD for 4 days and $7 USD for each after that. Granted the prices are not the cheapest, but for us it would not pay to purchase a bike or ride the ones we already have. Mine is far too rusted, small and without any type of gears for biking up hills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?