Monday, April 27, 2009

Visa Renewal Process

A month or so before leaving Minnesota I had mailed my passport and requested documents to the TECRO office in Chicago. A couple weeks later they mailed it back with my 90 day visitor visa, and hand written instructions on how to obtain my visa renewal. They told me to take my student ID after being in Taiwan for 75 days and go to the immigration office. They never mentioned that if you get a multiple entry visa and leave the country that the 90 days resets itself without needing to go to the immigration office. So I woke up early this morning and accompanied a couple friends to the office without actually needing a visa renewal. It is very hard to get good information about the visa process for Taiwan. They do not have a student visa, and a visitor visa does not seem appropriate. I guess this is something that future students on this exchange should keep in mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?