Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Largest Zoo in Asia--Taipei Zoo




Rachelle, Irene and I decided to venture to the end of the Muhza Line (brown line) to the zoo. We found out that it was the largest zoo in Asia and had to go, and of course there are pandas. These pandas are the same ones that China gave to Taiwan in a gesture of peace. Pandas mean might and bravery, and are highly regarded in Chinese culture. As you probably know, they are quite rare and endangered. 

I thought that the largest zoo in Asia would be quite large, but it felt more like the Como Zoo at home than the Minnesota Zoo. I had fun seeing all of the gorgeous vegetation and a couple animals I am pretty sure I had not seen before.

All in all, the zoo is quite cheap ($1.30 usd)  and convenient to visit, you can even use your easy card to pay. I recommend going there for a couple hours, not much longer is necessary and see the pandas. They are afterall the main attraction.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?