Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dinner with the Fun Squad in Taipei


After 4 weeks of being in Taiwan, I have been meeting a lot of local Taiwanese, especially through connections from people at home. I was introduced to group of Taiwanese through a family friend and invited out to dinner. This group has aptly been dubbed the 'fun squad'. We ate a fabulous family style dinner (it was amazing) at a restaurant near the Daan MRT stop on Fuxing Road. I learned a lot of Chinese and I hope I can pass the test the next time I see them (fish, chicken, rice, peanuts... I think I can remember them). The dinner came with a choice of mantou (steamed bun) or bai fei (white rice) and 10 dishes to adorn them with. There was beef and greens, spicy chicken and peanuts, seaweed soup, fish, two separate tofu dishes, boiled greens, fried dan (egg) and herbs and probably a couple I have forgotten. I am looking forward to meeting more of the APC fun squad.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I been?